Getting AdmittedPrior to the matriculation in the M:IPD or MSE:IPD degree programs, candidates should have a background in one of the three areas: business, design arts, or engineering. Students applying to the MSE:IPD program must have a background in engineering.
Application Deadline for Fall (August) Entry: February 1The application deadline for Fall 2014 entry is February 1, 2014. Applications are NOT reviewed on a rolling basis. The Admission Committee will begin reviewing applications promptly after February 1st. First round admission decisions will be released after March 1st. Applicants interested in applying to the program after the above dates are encouraged to contact the Program Directors or Program Coordinator.
Application RequirementsEvery application requires the following:
- Personal statement of research and professional interests
- Two (2) official letters of recommendation (one should be from a faculty member who is familiar with the candidate's scholarly abilities)
- One (1) official transcript from each university or college attended, including an academic evaluation that lists candidate's class rank and grade point average
- Submission GRE scores is required - official score report for the Graduate Record Exam (GMAT scores will be accepted)
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to satisfy our English language proficiency requirement by submitting an official score report for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with the score of at least 600 (written test), 250 (computer-based test) or 100 (Internet-based test). This requirement can be waived if the candidate has completed at least three (3) years of academic work on a full-time basis at a university-level institution in the United States or in a country in which English is recognized as the official language. The GRE & TOEFL reporting code is 2888.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume (optional)
- Portfolio (REQUIRED; details below)
- Non-refundable application fee
*All paper based application materials should be sent to the following address.
Graduate Admissions, Office of Academic Programs, School of Engineering and Applied Science, University of Pennsylvania, 111 Towne Building, 220 S. 33rd St., Philadelphia, PA, 19104-6391