Fall 2020 Information
Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics
Welcome! In the event that our office is not accessible, we ask that you refer to the resources below:
I need a form:
- Undergraduate Forms
- Master’s, Ph.D. and IPD Students: To submit a graduate-level academic program request, please use the appropriate form for your program below. For example, you would submit this form if you would like approval to take a math course that is not on the pre-approved list.
- MEAM MSE Departmental Request Form
- Ph.D. Departmental Request Form
- IPD Academic Request form
- More Forms for Graduate Students (LOA, Request for a letter, Transfer Credit) can be found here.
- If you don’t know which form to use you can send and email to Maryeileen Griffith to ask about Ph.D. or IPD or to Peter Litt to ask about the MEAM MSE.
Please know that some petitions may need to be submitted to the School of Engineering and Applied Science for School-level approval. The decision will be sent to you via e-mail and you will also be notified if your petition needs the School-level approval. For example, if you want to take a leave of absence, you would use the School of Engineering’s “Leave of Absence Request” and then it will be sent to the department for approval.
I have a question about the:
- MEAM Undergraduate Program
- MEAM Undergraduate FAQs
- MEAM Undergraduate Credit Increase Request Policy & Process
- All other undergraduate inquiries, please contact Undergraduate Program Coordinator Lauren Kemp (phone 215-898-4825).
- MEAM Master’s Program
- MEAM Ph.D. and Integrated Product Design (IPD) Programs
- Engineering Entrepreneurship Program
- Course Waitlists and Permits
MEAM Front Desk and General Information:
- For general questions or questions about mail, packages, printing and shipping, contact Administrative Coordinator Jonathan Singleton (phone 215-746-1818)
- Drop-in office hours: Mondays, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.; Wednesdays, 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.; Fridays, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.; meeting link here
- access the MEAM Staff Directory
- For appointments with the Chair of the Department, or all other inquiries, please contact Allison Arfaa, Associate Director for MEAM at email@example.com. For urgent matters please call 215-898-2770.
- Drop-in office hours: Thursdays, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.; meeting link here
For more information about operations throughout the School, visit Penn Engineering’s Coronavirus Impact page.