Admissions + Financial Aid


Graduate Admissions at Penn Engineering conducts all master’s program admissions. You may find the following links helpful:

Financial Aid for Master’s Students

Typically, the department provides no financial aid for master’s students.  Some special fellowships may be given to eligible applicants with exceptionally good backgrounds.

Faculty Support

There is no need to contact a specific professor to ask for financial aid.  However, it may help if you contact a professor and let him/her know about your background and interests. Although rare, sometimes a professor may be willing to support a student from research grants right from the first year. If you have a question specific to his/her research, he/she will be happy to answer it for you, which would create an opportunity for you to maintain a contact with the professor. View a list of our faculty.

Submit a FAFSA

Many federal and institutional aid programs are need based, i.e. eligibility for them depends on a determination that the applicant has financial need. In order to be considered for federal and Penn financial aid, you must submit a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), which requires information from you and your spouse, if applicable.

Penn Graduate Student Financial Aid Checklist

Pann’s Office of Student Financial Services (SFS) will issue a Student Aid Report (SAR) to students who fill out a FAFSA and submit the results to Penn. Visit SFS.